Monday, March 30, 2020

The Recollection of Trees by Sadie Francis Skyheart Genre: YA Paranormal Fantasy


  • Can you, for those who don't know you already, tell something about yourself and how you became an author?

In 2010, I realized I was not in alignment with my heart (career-wise) and started writing what would become my book. I’d wanted to be a writer since first or second grade.

  • What is something unique/quirky about you?

I wear Halloween socks pretty much every day, all year.

Tell us something really interesting that's happened to you!
I recently pitched my book as a film adaptation to producers in Burbank!

  • What are some of your pet peeves?

Loud chewing in close proximity. Ew.

  • Where were you born/grew up at?

Jackson, Michigan. Lived in Michigan my whole life until 2017.

  • If you knew you'd die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?

Spend the whole day with my closest friends and family. Oh, and eat a mountain of ice cream.

  • Who is your hero and why?

If I can only pick one and limit it to the living, Oprah. She’s such an amazing force for good in the world.

  • What kind of world ruler would you be?

I’d try to be kind, fair, compassionate, surround myself with people who are way, way smarter than me and unafraid to speak truth to power. But I’d never, ever work in politics again, so I will never be a world ruler. LOL

  • What are you passionate about these days?

I give out free mom hugs whenever I get the opportunity. I advocate for 7th-12th grade health curriculum to include LGBTQ+ students because exclusion of this information leaves too many teens potentially misinformed of risks to their wellbeing, which is also a potential public health risk. I’m also vocal about mental health awareness and selfcare. We all need to know it’s okay not to be okay sometimes. It’s time to end to the social stigma around getting help. It is healthy to seek help–whether a therapist, vitamins and herbs, medication, meditation, time in nature, EFT tapping, good sleep hygiene, 12-step and support groups–or anything else that helps us feel connected, empowered, and supported rather than disconnected, numb, and alone.

  • What do you do to unwind and relax?

Watch movies/TV, read my peers’ scripts. Bake…sometimes things turn out well, sometimes I burn things. It’s more relaxing when I don’t set off the smoke alarm.

  • How to find time to write as a parent?

Get up early or stay up late. My mentor taught me to set a timer for 15-30 minutes. Write. When it goes off, stop, even if you’re mid-sentence. Do other things, then come back and set the timer again. Never, and I mean never, “should” yourself. Write when and wherever you can. Part of my book was written on the back of grocery receipts in the early days.

  • Describe yourself in 5 words or less!

Ally. Mom. Wife. Writer. Echelon.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Although I’d published several articles in a regional holistic health magazine, I didn’t think of myself as a writer until about a decade ago. I made the conscious choice to exit a stressful career in politics when I was up to my eyeballs in meetings and dealing with a mystery illness. When I changed my social media to say “writer”…it felt so vulnerable yet freeing.

  • Do you have a favorite movie?

How much time do you have? Ha ha ha. Currently my top favorites are Hello My Name is Doris (2014), The Last Word (2017) and Knives Out (2019).

  • Which of your novels can you imagine made into a movie?

Well, I just pitched The Recollection of Trees adaptation to producers in October so…

  • What literary pilgrimages have you gone on?

Ohhh. I love this question. None, yet. Time to change my bucket list!

  • As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?

My mascot would definitely be a black cat.


The Recollection of Trees 
by Sadie Francis Skyheart 
Genre: YA Paranormal Fantasy 


Iona Dickinson doesn't know she's a witch...until she unknowingly makes a deadly wish that reopens a 300-year-old curse on her family. Torn between conflicting beliefs of family and friends, Iona must risk losing all of them as she gains self-acceptance in The Recollection of Trees. 




Book Trailer





Sadie Francis Skyheart (1972- ) was born and raised in Michigan. She currently lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, two sons, two cats, and a coonhound. She is a dedicated Detroit Lions fan. She likes to write in lucky Halloween socks, often while listening to Thirty Seconds to Mars or Chloe Moriondo. 
THE RECOLLECTION OF TREES debuted as the #1 New Release in Children's Scary Stories and Top 10 Bestselling Teen & YA Ghost Stories. She is currently completing the script for book's feature film adaptation, THE ACCIDENTAL WITCH. She is an associate producer of IN THE DEATHROOM (2020), an award-winning crime drama based on a short story by Stephen King. 



Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!






No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Mind of a Spy by Bruce Perrin

  The Mind Sleuth Series #7 Mystery; Spy Thriller Date Published:  04-25-2024 Publisher:  Mind Sleuth Publications     When Je...