Friday, December 4, 2015

Tales From The Garden - Behind the scenes - by Sally Cronin

My thanks to the ever generous Catalina for inviting me to share some of the behind the scenes action to my latest book Tales from the Garden.

Catalina often sends me links on Facebook to cat videos as she knows that I am suffering currently from a lack of four legged companions. So, I thought that I would reveal a little more about one of the characters who does not usually live in the garden, but by the side of my fireplace.


 



 

 

‘Felis silvestris catus was descended from the royal cats of ancient Egypt and had wandered into this garden in Spain many years ago.  He said little but when he did speak it was always profound and the words valuable.’

 

In fact Felis had a very different beginning. He was a gift one Christmas from our dog Sam to my mother. I had seen the cat in a shop window and was at the time aiming to buy an extra present for Mollie so that she had plenty to open on the day. At ninety at the time she was very keen on Christmas and loved the whole concept of cards and gifts.

 

She loved her black cat and it sat in pride of place by the side of her gas fire until she died five years later and she always referred to it as Sam's cat. I brought him back to Spain with me and he sits by my own fireplace very happily.

 

Felis only has a fleeting role in the tales in this collection but I will be taking him with us when we move back to Ireland and hope to give him a more pivotal role in the next book.

 

 



 

This collection of fairy stories was my surprise book of the year and I am so delighted with the response to its release.

 

Tales from the Garden is a collection of fairy stories and 80 illustrations, for children of all ages, from five to ninety-five that will change the way you look at your garden forever.

The tales reveal the secrets that are hidden beneath hedges and trees and you will discover what really happens at night as you sleep unaware in your bed. Stone statues and those hidden worlds within the earth are about to share their stories.

There are wicked witches, mischievous dwarves who also spend too much in the sneezeweed patch. Dragons, handsome fairy princes and wayward ladies of the court. The garden is a magic sanctuary and those in danger find their way through the gates to find protection.

The guardians who have kept this sanctuary safe for over fifty years will allow you to peek behind the scenes of this magical place. They will take you on a journey through time and expand your horizons as they transport you to the land of fairies, butterflies and lost souls who have found a home here.

 

The book is available at a substantial discount via my own website:  http://moyhill.com/tales



 

About Sally Cronin.

Sally Cronin spent a number of years in each of the following industries – Retail, Advertising and Telecommunications, Radio & Television; and has taken a great deal of inspiration from each.

She has written short stories and poetry since a very young age and contributed to media in the UK and Spain. In 1996 Sally began studying nutrition to inspire her to lose 150 lbs and her first book, Size Matters published in 2001, told the story of that journey back to health. This was followed by another seven books across a number of genres including health, humour and romance. These include Just Food For Health, Size Matters, Just an Odd Job Girl, Sam, A Shaggy Dog Story, Flights of Fancy anthology, Turning Back the Clock and Media Training.

All these can be found on Amazon or Smashwords.



 

For the last two years Sally has written a daily blog covering the subjects close to her heart including writing, health and music: Smorgasbord Invitation – Variety is the Spice of Life. You can link to it from here: smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com.

 

Connect to Sally on social media.



 

My thanks again to Catalina for letting me talk about myself and my new book today.
 

1 comment:

The Rainbow Diary

  Embracing Life's Final Colors: A Heartfelt Journey through Loss, Redemption, and the Unknown Drama Date Published:  ‎ February 20, 202...