Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TO LIVE OUT LOUD by PAULETTE MAUHURIN

To Live Out LoudTo Live Out Loud by Paulette Mahurin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To Live Out Loud by Paulette Mauhurin grips the reader with Emile Zola’s quotes as much as it does by Paulette Mahurin’s brilliant writing. The First voice narration of Charles Mandonette was an ingenious way to relate the story; a way to give it deep feelings and lure the reader into the same emotions, of anger and frustration at the bigotry and corruption.
I was familiar with the Dreyfus affair and "J'accuse...!" the open letter published on 13 January 1898 in the newspaper L'Aurore by the influential writer Émile Zola. I lived in France two years and by all accounts the French see it as a shameful part of their history.
I never doubted that the historical data was right, but curiosity got the better of me, I researched a little hereand there and everything I looked up was spot on.
Whether readers are interested in the historical period or not, the book is farmore than historical. Today as we witness prejudices of our modern era,this book is a good place to start, pause and THINK.
I have always enjoyed Paulette’s writing, To Live Out Loud may well be my very favorite. A five star BRAVO!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Mind of a Spy by Bruce Perrin

  The Mind Sleuth Series #7 Mystery; Spy Thriller Date Published:  04-25-2024 Publisher:  Mind Sleuth Publications     When Je...