A Drop of Magic The Magicsmith Book 1 by L.R. Braden Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

What inspired you to write this book?
One day, I was sitting in my living room reading one of my Mercy Thompson books and I thought to myself, “I could do this.” Then I proceeded to daydream a story about a woman much like myself (people always say to write what you know) who learns she’s part of a magical world and has an amazing yet terrifying adventure. The story I imagined was way too long for a single book, so I decided it would have to be at least five. I sat down and started writing that very day. 

What can we expect from you in the future?
Book 2 of The Magicsmith series, Courting Darkness, and Book 3, Faerie Forged, will be coming out back to back very soon. 

Do you have any “side stories” about the characters?
A couple, but I mostly have side stories about the world. I’ve created short stories of the creation myths of various species, and I wrote a story about a pair of sisters set during the time right after the fae came out, before the Faerie Wars. I also plan to write a short story about a demon-beset sorcerer and his paladin during the war. My intention is to eventually have all these stories available to read and/or download from my website.

The war isn’t over . . .
With the world clinging to a fragile peace forced on the Fae by humanity after the Faerie Wars, metalsmith Alex Blackwood is plunged into the world of the half-fae who traffick in illegal magical artifacts. Her best friend’s murder and his cryptic last message place her in the crosshairs of a scheme to reignite the decade-old war between humans and fae.
Worse, violent attacks against her and the arrival of a fae knight on a mission force Alex to face a devastating revelation of who and what she is. To catch a killer, retrieve a dangerous artifact, and stop a war, Alex will have to accept that she’s an unregistered fae “halfer” with a unique magical talent—a talent that would change everything she believes about her past, her art, and her future.
Her world is crumbling around her, and Alex will have to decide who to trust if she and the world are going to survive.
A Drop of Magic is a damned fun and original read, with sass, action, hot men, and a whole lot of magic.” —Diana Pharaoh Francis, author of the Diamond City Magic, Magicfall, and Horngate Witches series


Born and raised in Colorado, L. R. BRADEN makes her home in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with her wonderful husband, precocious daughter, and psychotic cat. With degrees in both English literature and metalsmithing, she splits her time between writing and art. A Drop of Magic is her first novel.






Follow the tour HERE for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!





Comments