INTERVIEW with Angie Day author of Legend Undone a New Adult Urban Fantasy

What inspired you to write this book?
I am a really touchy person. And I know this sounds like a tangent, but I have a point. I love sitting right next to people and I can’t go more than a few minutes in public without finding my husband, touching his arm or hugging him and then running off again. My mom would always make a comment that I get my energy from touching other people. So I thought, what if that were a story? Bam. Legend Undone began. I had already had a few scenes and some vague characters in my head from dabbling in writing, but now they had a grounding piece of the story. People that need to siphon human energy to survive.

What can we expect from you in the future?
So far, I like this writing thing and I think I’ll keep doing it. My plan is to continue the Legends & Shadows Saga with a few more books. I already have the second one in the works. Then we’ll see what other stories and fantasies I can cook up.

Do you have any “side stories” about the characters?
Up until a few weeks ago, my answer would have been no. But in Legend Undone, there is a character who I just love. His name is Thayer and I can’t wait for everyone else to meet this charming, scheming, and loyal person. I like him so much, I’ve been toying with the idea of a spin-off book from his perspective. 

Can you tell us a little bit about the characters in Legend Undone?
The main character Mara is a Legend that needs human energy to survive. She was also a Shadow and used to murdering humans for sport and testing the limits of her power. Mara is strong, intimidating, and hates being surprised.

Alec is the antagonist of the story and the leader of the Shadows. He is the best liar anyone has met and has been keeping secrets from Mara about why he wants her as a Shadow. He is desperately in love with power and Mara, and when he loses her, he will stop at nothing to get her back.

Kylan meets Mara under the alias Kate, and the two slowly fall in love. They find that the two of them are more alike than they are different and they happen to be just what the other person needs. But Kylan is resilient, kind, pure, and everything Mara could ruin.

We have some interesting side characters as well. Thayer, the ultimate flirt and surprisingly the most gullible Shadow. Nikki, the cold and cruel Shadow that is underappreciated but is determined to change that. Derek, the loveable brother. Lisa, the shy at first but impressively clever human that everyone loves to underestimate.


 
Readers are calling it "creative" and "engaging!"
Mara wasn’t just a Legend who survived on human energy, she used to be a dangerous Shadow who wielded more power than she wanted. When she discovered that Alec, the leader of the Shadows and her childhood love, held a dark secret about her past to keep her prisoner until he could use her against the humans, she ran.
As the first Legend to escape the Shadows alive, Mara must keep moving, hiding among the humans that every Legend learned to hate, while she searches to understand her past. Under the alias Kate, she meets Kylan and his way of life challenges everything she used to know. As she falls for Kylan, she finds clues about what happened before she became a Shadow.
But the closer she gets to an answer, the faster Alec can destroy everything she has grown to love.







Angie Day found her love of writing while in college where she studied psychology and eventually went on to a master’s degree. She noticed the need for romantic and fantastic adult stories that were still wholesome and clean. So, she took matters into her own hands. LEGEND UNDONE is her debut novel. When she’s not devouring the next book, she is spending time outdoors with her husband.








Follow the tour HERE for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!







Comments