Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Alpha Nanny by Remy Marie Genre: Contemporary Romance



She needs money. He masks his pain. Life gives them a second chance, but reality may tear them apart.


Deena Zheng is in over her head. With her father’s mounting medical bills, a townhome in disrepair, and more stress than one person should bear, she does all that she can do to stay afloat. Out of options and desperate to pull her family out of the red, she must get out of her comfort zone and accept a nanny position with her firm’s notoriously impossible client or risk her family’s livelihood.

Jesse Grant struggles to get past his grief after losing the love of his life. Ever since her death, the billionaire hedge fund manager has used alcohol to mask his pain and, in the process, lost a part of himself. With a young son to raise and a business to run, he must pull himself together before he jeopardizes everything he’s worked so hard to build.

When they meet, the physical attraction is undeniable, but their personal demons and new professional relationship will make any hopes of pursuing a relationship too complicated for either to handle.Will they ignore their growing feelings for each other and keep their relationship strictly professional or will outside forces force them to reveal the truth?



            Character Interview


Hello! I’m your host, Remy Marie! With me I have two special characters in the upcoming novel, The Alpha Nanny! Please put your hands together for Deena Zhang and Jesse Grant!

Applause, Deena Zhang and Jesse Grant walk out waving to the crowd. After greeting the host, Deena sits on the couch and crosses her legs. Jesse sits next to Deena, his arm draped behind her back, with a wide grin on his face.  

Remy: Wow, you two look you look amazing! Deena I love the sundress. Where did you get it from?

Deena: I actually found it in a thrift store down in Soho.

Remy: Well, I love it.

Deena: Thank you, Thank you.

Remy looks towards Jesse and smiles.

Remy: Jesse! Welcome to the show! I’m surprised you’re not in a suit.

Jesse: In the past you may have, but I’m a changed man. I prefer a more casual look now.

Remy: Casual indeed. For a billionaire, you sure like to dress down.

Jesse smiles and shrugs.

Jesse: As a hedge fund manager, I handle people’s money. Why would you trust me with your money if I’m flashy? Now, it doesn’t mean I won’t buy lavish things, but I’m more controlled than most billionaires.

Remy: Well, I know you’re better than me with money. When I get paid, I usually blow through my check once I receive it.

Jesse and the crowd laughs.

Jesse: Well, I know a good finance guy that could help you solve that problem, it’s me.

Remy: Yeah? Perhaps you and me should speak after the show. However, you two didn’t come here to talk about my terrible money habits, but instead you want to talk about your new book, The Alpha Nanny. It was released on August 30th, correct?

Both Deena and Jesse nod.


Remy: So, what can you tell us about it? Of course don’t spoil anything for those who haven’t read it.


Deena: Of course! So, The Alpha Nanny is true story about my life. It starts off where I get hired to work as a nanny to take care of Lamar, Jesse’s son. From there, I meet Jeese, and at first glance he’s a brute and an alcoholic. On my first day, the only thing that I was attracted to was his ass.

The ladies in the audience whoop, while Jesse grins and looks down at his lap.

Remy: That good, huh?

Deena: Yes, and ladies…it’s dream worthy.

Remy: Oh Boy! Now I have to know, Jesse what’s your secret?

Jesse: Oh wow! I’m really embarrassed now. There’s no secret. I’m just a big fan of boxing and mixed martial arts. Every day, I go through my forms, and it keeps me fit.

Remy: So what you’re saying is, I should start going to the gym, and I’ll look like you?

Jesse and Deena laughs.

Jesse:  Not quite.

Deena: But on a more serious note, in the book you’ll read about how I looked past his dark exterior and saw the caring man inside. That’s when I fall for him. The only problem is I can’t date him.

Remy: Why not?

Deena: Because of my father’s Alzheimer’s. Money is tight in my family and my high paying nanny gig helps with his expensive treatment payments. So, that puts me in a pickle, because if I have any physical relationship with Jesse, I could be fired from my job. Through the book, you’ll read about my struggles with the decision to either choose my job to support my family or follow my heart to be with Jesse.

Remy: So what choice did you make?

Deena: I’m not going to tell you! You’ll just have to read the book!

Remy: Oh come on Deena! We go way back. Can’t you do me a favor?

Deena: Nope.

Awkward silence between the two while they smile and giggle.

Remy: Well I’ll find out after the show. You’re going to have to tell me the ending.

Deena still giggling.  

Deena: I can’t.

Remy: Sure.

Host winks. Deena laughs shaking her head. Followed by Remy laughing as well. The two giggle for sometime before a Remy clears his voice and looks back at the camera.

Remy: Why am I always giggling when you’re on set?

Deena: Because my laughter is contagious.

Remy: It sure is. Getting back to the interview, so tell me about the location of the novel. It’s set in New York, right?

Deena: Yes, Jesse lives in Midtown. He actually owns his own building, which he lives and works in. We also include locations of Central Park, Coney Island, and of course, Queens. Which is where I’m from.

There’s a few whistles from the crowd and cheers from the crowd

Remy: Looks like we got a few from Queens in the audience today.

Crowd cheers again.

Remy: So it looks like you’ve won a lot of people from Queens over with your character. Besides the people from your hometown, how is everyone else going to fall in love with your character?

Deena: From the getgo, I think my character is down to earth. I think many people would enjoy how natural and relatable I am. I’m just an ordinary New Yorker trying to hustle to squeeze a dollar out of a dime. Life is tough for me and my family, but I don’t let that get me down.

Remy: That’s a good, answer. Jesse what about you? How would do you think everyone will fall in love with your character?

Jesse: Well, the novel takes place in a dark time in my life. I’ve just lost my wife two years ago and my best friend was a bottle of whiskey. I’m not sure if readers are going to like the man I was before. I sure know I didn’t. However, I think that if they give up reading the beginning, they don’t see the real me. They miss out to see the growth that I achieve. Deep down, I’m a caring guy, who loves the people closest to me.

Remy: It sounds like you have a great character arc.

Jesse: I do. Our editor says that our romance plays out like Beauty and the Beast. I happen to agree to that. I was like the beast, menacing and mean at first, but in the end I change my stripes and become a better man.

Remy: If you’re the Beast, I’m guessing, Deena, you take on the role as Belle?

Deena: Ha, hardly! I’m certainly not a book nerd like she is.

Remy: So what do you like do to for fun?

Deena: I’m a big sports fan and love being outside. I also like baking.

Jesse: Oh you should try her cookies. They are they best.

Remy: As I understand you actually brought some for the the whole audience today. Is that correct?

Audience cheers.

Deena: I did! It’s a batch of sugar cookies!

Remy: Let’s get these people fed shall we?

Staff passes out cookies and glasses of milk. Remy, Deena and Jesse each take a cookie and a glass and enjoy the snack.

Remy: Wow, Deena. These are really good.

Jesse: Aren’t they?

Remy: You’re going to have to tell me the recipe.

Deena: Can’t, it’s a trade secret.

Jesse:  Yeah, good luck trying to find out, she’s like Fort Knox when it comes to her food recipes.

Remy: Well, If you’re not going to tell me, you’re just going to have to make me cookies for the rest of my life.

Remy finishes the cookie and wipes his hands from the crumbs.

Remy: Mhmm, What a good snack. So, from what I’ve been told, you also got a chance to speak Mandarin in the novel. What was that like?

Deena: It was amazing, especially since I get to represent my heritage in the novel. Lamar and I shared several scenes together where we both spoke the language, and he did wonderful job speaking it for his age.

Remy: Do you think you represented your Chinese/Korean heritage well in the book?

Deena: I hope so.

Remy: Before we move further with the interview, we have a fun guest question. This is from Kristi from San Francisco. Deena, if the Alpha Nanny was turned into a movie, which actress would you choose for the role of yourself?

Deena: Hmm…That’s a good question. I would have to say Constance Wu. I think she would accurately depict me in the movie. She seems like she’s down to earth and will represent my corkiness in the movie.

Remy: Jesse what about you?

Jesse: I would have to say, Chadwick Boseman. I love his acting style. I think he would do well with the range of emotions that I go through in the book.

Remy: You know what I can see that too. This next question is from Laura from Virginia Beach. What do you like most about each other? Jesse, let’s start with you this time.

Jesse: Deena is amazing. From the start, she’s relatable and kind. I mean, I was such an asshole to her, but she managed to keep her composure and get her job done. She carries so much weight too.  Either she’s dealing with my shitty attitude,  nannying Lamar, or helping her family, but through it all she manages to keep her composure. Her perseverance is a great quality.

Deena: Aww! Thanks Jesse.  Don’t make me out to be a saint. I have my faults too. You see this is what I like about Jesse. Once you get to know him, he can be sweet. I think he’s a great guy and an amazing father. He may take some getting used too, but that makes him a great character. He may come off like a dick and flies off the handle if he’s pissed, but ladies, give him a chance. He changes his stripes quick. Especially when I get my hands on him, if you know what you what I mean.

Remy: Oh we certainly do. As I understand the book depicts a lot of intimate moments.

Deena looks at Jesse and they awkwardly laugh.

Deena: Yes it does, but you have to understand, when Jesse and I first met, we were physically attracted to each other. When we finally kissed, there were sparks.

Remy: Speaking of your first kiss, we actually have a excerpt of it. Let’s go ahead and show it to our audience.

Jesse's door was open as I watched him punching and kicking the bag. He was drenched in sweat kicking and punching the heavy bag with purpose. He was in his own world until I interrupted him. "Jesse?"
He stopped his workout and smiled at me. "Deena! Thank you for dinner. I never thought I would've liked squash spaghetti, but once again you proved me wrong."
"I had a feeling you would like it."
Jesse laughed and nodded.
I heard the Velcro rip off his MMA gloves as he removed them. He walked towards me shirtless and I couldn't help but stare at his body. I glanced at the sweat dripping down his body and grew envious of one sweat droplet as it strolled down his stomach going past my vision into his shorts. I wanted to join in its path and see what the bulge in his shorts hid. I licked my lips and my breathing became sporadic as different sexual fantasies flooded my mind.
Jesse stood in front of me, an inch away from my face. From the distance, I could smell his masculine scent and it turned up my downstairs oven even more. I had to take a deep breath to get myself under control. I found myself fighting my urges realizing the distance between our lips was growing closer.
Is he going to kiss me?
I pressed my lips together waiting for his soft contact; however, it never came. Jesse leaned forward and grabbed the towel nearby on the table.
"Excuse me," he said shuffling past me to grab the white towel. He dried his body off with the towel and walked back to his desk area. "Is Lamar in bed?" he asked tapping through his computer.
"Yes, he is. Is there anything else you need of me before I leave?"
Jesse looked up from his desk and shook his head. "No, Deena I'm fine. Once again, you've knocked it out of the park with your service. I'll see you tomorrow." Jesse responded as his eyes went back to the computer screen.
I nodded then turned and walked away. Within a few steps, I realized, this wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to feel Jesse's lips on mine, I wanted his fingers to graze over my body, taking me in any way he found was necessary. I wanted him. Perhaps, I should've made the first move. Two years without a touch of a woman was far too long, perhaps, I needed to give him the push to take the leap with me. I took a final breath, knowing once I made this move, there was no going back.
"Fuck it." I whispered turning back, but before I could, Jesse's lips were on me. It was shocking, but delightful. Powerful, yet passionate. It was a kiss every woman craves. A kiss that they yearn for when they think romantic thoughts. It was a kiss that would take your breath away, and make you believe that you were the only woman in the world.
I stumbled back from the impact, but his strong hands kept me from falling. The way his lips locked on my own, it felt perfect, like a lid fitting a jar. His lips were soft and smooth; however, the power of his kiss was aggressive and animalistic as he wrapped his large hands around my face and neck. From one kiss, I was placed in a state of bliss I didn't recognize. This is what I've been craving. All this time and now I finally have it. And damn it felt good.
We broke our embrace, and Jesse took a small step back. He removed his wedding band necklace and gently placed it on the table near us. He touched it softly once more, before he turned and looked back at me.
Like a wave crashing into the beach, his lips found mine again. As we made out, my arms draped around his broad bare shoulders as his own cupped my ass. His grip was tight like if he let go, he would never get a chance to hold me again. He broke away from me and kissed his way down my neck to my collarbone. Each kiss was filled with electric passion. I could feel the electricity sizzle through me causing my body to shake involuntarily. Neither of us spoke a word as we let our lust for each other take over. We were feral animals with only one goal in mind.
My moans increased and my fingers tingled. I've never felt this feeling before. I wanted him. I wanted him like the air I breathe, I felt it in my core how bad I wanted the next stage to happen. Before I knew it, I was lifted off the ground, and he held me by my ass as his lips stayed locked on my own. My legs wrapped around his torso, bringing my pelvis closer to his throbbing cock. With me dry humping him, he growled, gripping me tighter. The closer I got, the more I could feel his long, hard length against my body. I felt him grow in mass as I ground my body on top of his. The thought of him inside me drove me to insanity. He carried me towards the desk and placed my ass on the edge. He broke his connection off my lips to clear off this desk, causing a clatter as office supplies were thrown off the desk.
I hastily began to remove my t-shirt while he prepared the desk for us. Halfway through, my shirt stuck on my face.
Shit.
I gave it another tug, but the damn thing still stayed latched to my chin.
"Here let me help you with that," Jesse laughed. He removed my shirt and tossed it aside like a rag. His eyes became full of lust as he looked me shirtless for the first time. His hands rubbed over my black sports bra massaging my breasts. The motion alone, caused my nipples to perk. He nuzzled his head into my cleavage and licked my tits. My loud moans signaled my satisfaction.
I laid down on the wooden desk and his face followed my body. He worked his head from my breasts to my lips continuing to kiss me. My legs were twisted around him, and with his right hand, I felt his fingers graze my stomach, dropping slow down towards my yoga pants. I didn't fight him, as I felt him grip my pants to pull them down.
My yoga pants were nearly off when we heard a noise. It was soft at first, then it grew louder as a small figure in pirate pajamas walked in.
"Daddy?" Lamar asked rubbing his eyes.
"Shit!" I screamed ducking underneath the desk. Jesse coughed, adjusted himself and walked towards his son.
"What is it Lamar?" he asked taking a knee to get to his son's eye level.
"I had a nightmare. Can I come and sleep with you?" he asked rubbing his eyes.
"Oh, okay. Let me straighten up some things here, then we could go to bed. Do you mind waiting for me in the office lobby until I get my desk straightened?"
Before Lamar could answer, I popped my head up from the desk, with my shirt back on. "Hey Jesse, I found the pen you lost." I added placing the pen on the desk. He smiled and winked at my excuse.
"Well, if that's settled let's get ready for bed." Jesse mentioned picking up Lamar. His son wrapped his arms around Jesse and I could tell the little guy was falling asleep in his dad's arms snuggling deep into Jesse's shoulder. Jesse looked at Lamar to double check he was asleep before looking back at me. "If I put him back in his bed, would you like to come up too?" he asked with a smile.
I shook my head. "No, you go ahead. Lamar wanted to sleep next to his dad, not alone. I'm going to stay behind and clean up your office. Afterwards, I'm going to head home." I looked at Lamar sleeping in his dad's arms and realized how close we had been to doing something Lamar would have never forgotten. If he had walked in on us five minutes after, there is no telling how he could have reacted. He could have told someone what he saw. It could have been Mrs. Clark or the agency, hell anyone could have found out about our sensual session. Without thinking of the consequences, I spoke up to Jesse. "I think we went too far tonight."
Jesse looked shocked and disappointed looking towards me. "Or perhaps not far enough." He grinned.
I shook my head once again walking towards him. I grabbed his chin and kissed him. "That kiss was the last time." I told him.
Jesse dropped his jaw and gawked back towards me. I had my reasons for pushing him away. This job was one of them. For one brief moment, I was selfish only thinking of myself and not my family. I needed this job, and I'd already broken too many rules, and was one interruption away from breaking the mother of all rules, sleeping with the client.
"Why," he asked his eyes never leaving mine. I felt like I was stabbing him in the back as we stared at each other.
"It's complicated." I said rubbing my bare arm. My eyes looked at the ground. I was too embarrassed to tell him it was due to financial reasons.
What would he think of me then?
"Daddy?" Lamar asked waking up on his dad's shoulder.
"You should take him to bed. I'm going to stay here and clean up before leaving. Wǎn'ān Bǎobèi," I said squeezing Lamar's checks. "Goodnight Jesse." I added with a stern stare.
Jesse looked back at me.
He was clearly confused as his mouth wouldn't stay closed from my surprise confession. "We will talk more about this tomorrow," he said before taking Lamar away. Watching him carry his son out, I felt bad of how things had ended. Not to mention, dreaded our conversation tomorrow.

Remy gives a coy grin towards Jesse and Deena.

Remy: Whew! Talk about cracking a window and airing it out. Damn that was hot. You weren’t kidding about the sexual attraction y’all shared.

Jesse and Deena laughs.

Remy: So besides the steamy sex and romance found in the book, what would you like for the readers to take away from the book?

Jesse: For me, I would have to say that it’s a great story about second chances and character redemption.

Remy: Deena?

Deena: I would have to say that it’s a story about discovering the importance of life. How it shouldn’t be squandered on material things.

Remy: Good answers. How do you think this book will set you apart from other romances?

Jesse: For one, our story covers a lot of complex issues like alcoholism and death. It’s light hearted, but has it’s serious moments as well. Second, I think our story is original because we’re an interracial couple. There’s not many romances featuring an Asian woman and Black man. I’m glad that we represent the growing blasian couple culture.

Remy: Blasian?

Jesse: It’s a term created for couples that feature someone of African heritage and Asian heritage.

Remy: Oh that’s nice. I’ve never heard of that word before.

Deena: Yeah, I think it’s interesting, how there are so few romances between Asians and Africans. In New York, I see plenty of mixed raced couples who are unappreciated in the romance genre. I hope our romance is a revolution for others to publish their stories.

Remy: I hope so too. Writers take notice. As an interracial couple, do you go through any struggles in the book?

Deena: We were confronted once in an alleyway by a group of thugs in Flushing, but compared to others, we have been lucky. However, I know there are other couples struggling to be accepted in their families and their communities. In that, I wanted to say, hold on to your love. Don’t let the outside forces decide on who you should love and be with. We are all here to support you. Don’t give up.

Remy: What a great message. On that note, that is all the time we have today. Thank for joining us. Remember The Alpha Nanny is available on Amazon and is free for any Kindle Unlimited subscribers! If you would like to read this novel click on the link below!





Remy Marie is a romance author who loves to write about charming heroes and brave heroines. While writing never came naturally for Remy, he continued to strengthen his craft, by constantly reading and writing. If he is not writing or reading, he is usually watching TV with his supportive wife, aggressively cheering for his college and professional sports teams, playing video games, or crunching numbers at his daytime job.


Follow the tour HERE for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beyond Stonebridge by Linda Griffin

      Ghost Story Romance Date Published:  04-22-2024 Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press   In this sequel to Stonebridge, it is 1959, a...