Monday, April 20, 2020

Bright Yellow Souls by Luca Favaro Genre: Fiction Short Stories


  • What inspired you to write this book?

This is a collection of short stories about people I met when I worked as a nurse, in Italy. They were wonderful people, I had with them a very deep friendship. When they passed out, was a real pain for me. These are their stories, great people who faced the sufferance with strength and dignity.

  • What can we expect from you in the future?

At least another book! Probably my first English novel.

  • What did you enjoy most about writing this book?

Writing these stories, was a way to remember and meet those people. It was like to meet them again.

  • How did you come up with the title of this book?

The original Italian title was “Il sole in una lacrima” (The sun in a tear). The sense was that even in the worst moment of your life, you can find a sunshine. I changed the title in “Bright Yellow Souls” because is more focused in those people, in their souls who despite the sufferance, never stopped to bright.

  • If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

I wouldn’t change anything.

  • Have you written any other books that are not published?

Yes. I wrote other book published in Italy but not here. Now I’m writing another novel in Italian, and I would like to translate and publish it here too. I think it could be interesting for many people here and
the story is set between Venice and Thousand Oaks.

  • What did you edit out of this book?


In the Italian version I'm the protagonist, for Bright Yellow Souls I've created a new character named Kevin. He's the nurse who cure the people. Somebody told me to do it, and I think it sound better.

Bright Yellow Souls 
by Luca Favaro 
Genre: Fiction Short Stories 


Kevin was only a teenager when he decided to escape from his past, studying as a nurse. He didn't expect to discover that he would become a person able to give and receive so much love. These are stories of pain, sufferance, but also hope, optimism, joy for life and above all love. And between the lines, the silent presence of God, who through Kevin, takes care of the sick bodies of those wonderful people; and through them, He takes care of Kevin's suffering soul. 






Luca Favaro lives in Thousand Oaks, California. He's an Italian writer and a Registered Nurse. In Italy he published four books; three short story anthologies, and the novel "Il tempo senza ore". He won several literary prizes, and from his novel was made a theater show: "Il tempo senza ore show". He moved from Venice to Thousand Oaks on 2019. 




Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Land of the Free Trilogy by Mimi Barbour Genre: Romantic Suspense, Adventure

    To escape the dysfunction of city life, Demi Fedora leaves behind everything she knows to move to her deceased grandfather’s derelict ca...