Thursday, May 14, 2020

Black Zodiac by Zizi Cole Genre: Supernatural Horror, Suspense

  • Do you see writing as a career?

Yes I do. It’s something that takes intense dedication and something that has to be taken seriously. One of these days I plan on being a full time author, but until then, it’s my second job.


  • Do you prefer to write in silence or with noise? Why?

Definitely noise. I generally have a show I’ve seen a hundred times on (Golden Girls, Chopped, Gilmore Girls are a few examples). I also make playlists that go with the theme of each book. I think the background noise helps me focus. I have never been one to do anything in silence. The silence tends to make my mind wander and I start thinking of something else. The only time I truly don’t mind silence is when I’m driving. It is the only time I have peace.

  • Do you write one book at a time or do you have several going at a time?

I always have multiple books in different stages. Some is just the bones, while others are fully fleshed and close to being finished. I like to jump from book to book to help keep the ideas fresh. When I get stuck on one book, I will go to another and let that first book stew.

  • Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

I write what I want. It is something that I would want to read. If it isn’t something I won’t read, then I refuse to write it. I believe that the story you are telling has to come from you and only you. I will call my best friend and bounce ideas off of her to help move a story along that I am stuck on, but in the end I write what I feel is best. I’m sorry if the readers don’t like it, but I have to remain true to myself.

  • Do you believe in writer’s block?

I believe in writer’s block as much as I believe in the wall behind me. Writer’s block is a very real and sometimes scary thing. There are times that the writer’s block is so intense that you start to think that you will never get past it and maybe it’s time to give up writing. That is when you need to push yourself to go through the wall. I don’t like to go around it or over it. I do my best to knock that damn wall down.


When I get writer’s block, which I do get frequently, I will switch projects or if it is bad enough, I step back and take a break. Just like everything else, if you do it constantly and too much, you will burn out. Your batteries need to be recharged occasionally.  Take some time away from your projects and do something to clear your head before coming back to it. The characters will still be there. Even when they are mad at you and giving you the silent treatment.
Black Zodiac 
by Zizi Cole 
Genre: Supernatural Horror, Suspense 


Bastian Bucco, ghost hunter. Charged with gathering the souls of those chosen to fill the Black Zodiac. A nexus that holds the ultimate power. The souls must be of those who died suddenly. Those whose lives embodied the essence of the Black Zodiac.

The things that motivate people in life, carries over into death. Sex, revenge, power- these are the stories of the chosen ones. The ones to fulfill his duty. But why were they chosen? What, or who has selected these beings?

Find out in the Black Zodiac. Things will never be the same… 





Zizi Cole, a born and bred native of Missouri, resides in a small town with her two boys and cat. When she isn’t writing, she likes to spend time with her children and do some reading. 

She is a writer of horror, and more recently, has branched out into the realm of fantasy. She’s been an active member in the Indie community- making the best-seller list in her categories, she has also been nominated for several awards including “Best Horror Author”. Zizi’s co-authored fantasy, Afflicted, won second place for “Best Retelling” with Enchanted Anthologies in 2017. Her DAMNED series also took third place for “Best Horror” with Wild Dreams Publishing. She looks forward to meeting her fans at events and connecting with them on social media. 




$20 Amazon Gift Card 

Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Once We Were Witches by LAURA DALEO

  Immortal Kiss Series, Book 4 Supernatural Fiction Date Published:  03-08-2024     The mysterious world of witchcraft, murder, and...