Monday, April 27, 2020

The Lupie Warrior by Kristen Collins Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Author Interview
  • Let's get you introduced to everyone, shall we? Tell us your name. What is your age?

My name is Kristen Collins and I am a 31 year old mother of 3 and wife.

  • Where are you from?

The Greatest state there is! Texas! I was born in Humble but raised in Llano, Texas until I married my best friend at 17, then we moved to his hometown up the road, San Saba, Texas.

  • A little about yourself 

I'm a Native Texan, born and raised close to the heart of the great Lone Star State. I was born in January of ‘89 and was able to grow up during a great time. I honestly don’t consider myself a Millennial, and really dislike that title.  I'm a part-time secretary and a full-time mother and wife, as well as a Lupus Warrior. 

Having Lupus means living my life indoors, and the sun is my arch-nemesis, my personal kryptonite. I want to leave a legacy behind, something my kids could one day look back on and say, “yeah, my mom did that!” 

Thanks to the encouragement of friends and family, I found a passion for writing paranormal romance books. Anything in the realm of fantasy usually suits my novels and tends to be able to reach a large audience in multiple genres. Most of my story ideas come to me in the most unexpected times and places, such as my dreams. They will plague me nonstop until I sit down and write it out. 
I like to explore new types of characters such as Sandmen and Boogeymen, for example. I enjoy creating all the facets of their own worlds, such as in A Sandman’s Forbidden Love. 

God has blessed me with a success that I never imagined was possible, which allows me the freedom to explore and create with intense focus in paranormal fiction. Now, I know Shifters aren’t real but Angels are another story. So Angels are also a part of my focus and research. I will often sit on the computer doing extensive research on both Sandmen and Angels, trying to learn as much as possible about them.
In addition to fiction, I create Art Journals that are cross-generational from thirteen to ninety years young. My goal, with these types of books, is to reach people who need that extra encouragement and quiet reflective stillness that journaling can bring into their lives. 
  •  When and why did you begin writing?

I wrote my first book in 2016, I wrote A Sandman’s Forbidden Love and Grimm Love at the same time, completing them both in a month’s time. I was pretty depressed with what I had accomplished in my  life up to that point, aside from being a mom and wife, which I love and am grateful for in this life. Family is everything to me. I had felt like I wasn’t someone they could be proud of or worth bragging about? I know that sounds silly but my books gave me something tangible to point to.

  •  What inspired you to write your first book?

Like I mentioned before, I have Lupus and have had it since I was five years old. When I first started writing A Sandman’s Forbidden Love, I was very ill. I could barely stand much less stay awake during the day because the fatigue was so strong. I had become bored with Netflix binging and I had these same dreams plaguing me over and over, again and again, nightly. So I decided to put fingers to a keyboard and start typing it out, before I knew it in a month’s time I had two rough drafts of books completed and ready for an editor.  
  •  To craft your works, do you have to travel? Before or during the process?

I wish! A Sandman’s Forbidden Love takes place in another realm, two actually that are created from my own mind. Grimm Love takes place mostly in Ouray, Colorado and The Child with Silver Eyes takes place in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. I had to do quite a bit of research online and even a few people I met through the Internet to make sure I was pretty accurate with my small mountainside towns.

  •  Who designed the covers & edits?

Rachel Olson from No Sweat Graphics has done all my covers except Throne of Storms & Ashes, which I won from Liz Himsworth at LKO Designs. My Editor is Suzette from My Write Hand VA, she’s the gal I go with these days when it comes to editing my books.
  •  Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?  Who is your favorite writer, and what is it about their work that really strikes you?

That’s hard to answer because I love so many Indie authors and the way they uniquely write their stories. Elisa Amore is my favorite author with her series The Touched Saga. I love the original and new spin she put on death angels and forbidden love, she is an inspiration to me and so many other Indie Authors out there.

  • Outside of family members, name one entity that supported your commitment to become a published author.

Suzette and Rachel have been with me for years now and encourages me, they helped me whenever my career was threatened to be pulled apart into nothing.

  •  Do you see writing as a career?

Yes, I do. I love writing; it’s a passion of mine that I enjoy thoroughly. I hope one day it will be all I do but until then I appreciate that I am able to do it at all. 
  •  If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead?

It depends on which book of mine we are talking about… The Child With Silver Eyes, I would love for Jason Momoa to play the lead man, Hashke (pronounced Ash*Ke)  A.K.A. Ash Stormcloud. 
  • Do you have any hobbies?

Art is a hobby of mine, it led me to create 2 published art journals, The Follow Art Journal Series.
What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching?
Anything supernatural, the whole paranormal fascinates me to no end. I enjoy other shows like The Walking Dead, The Masked Singer, NCIS, Coroner, The Good Witch, Virgin River, and V Wars, Prodigal Son, Criminal Minds and so on...

  • Favorite foods, colors,  music?

Chinese food and wings! My favorite color is blue/green and I love Christian music by Hollyn, Casting Crowns, For King and Country, Mandisa and TobyMac. 
  • You only have 24 hours to live, how would you spend that time?

I would spend it whit my husband and kiddos, fishing and camping and watching movies together. I would want to make as many memories as possible with them.






Kristen is your simple introverted girl, except for the fact that she suffers from Lupus. She has a simple life with a simple routine and that's how she likes it. Or so she thought... Derek is a workaholic businessman and is extremely focused on the family business, but his family harbors a secret.

At the bidding of his family to joyride on the way back from a business trip in Texas, he stumbles across the geeky and adorable Kristen wrapped up in southern grace. At a bar in a small town, something draws him towards her direction.

Is love at first sight real or will her own secret turn him away? 

**Only 99 cents!** 






I'm a Native Texan, born and raised close to the heart of the great Lone Star state. I am 31 years old, and I was born in January of 89' and got to grow up during a great time. I honestly don't consider myself a Millennial, and really hate that title. Also I'm a part-time working secretary and a full-time mother/housewife, as well as a Lupus Warrior. 

Having Lupus, means a life of inside living, and the sun is known as my arch-nemesis, my personal kryptonite. I wanted to leave a legacy behind, something my kids could one day look back on and say, yeah my mom did that. 

Thanks to the encouragement of friends and family, I found a passion in writing paranormal romance books. Anything fantasy usually suits my novels and I tend to be able to reach anyone in multiple genres. Most of my story ideas come to me in the most unexpected time and places, such as my dreams. They will plague me non-stop until I get my rear up and write it out. 

I like to explore new types of characters such as Sandmen and Boogeymen for example. I really wanted to give them their own world, such as A Sandman's Forbidden Love. 

God has granted me success that I never imagined was possible., which led me to my obsession with the paranormal. Now, I know shifters aren't real but Angels are another story. So Angels are also a part of my obsession, I will sit on the computer doing extensive research on both Sandmen and Angels trying to get my facts straight. 

Then, on the side, I create Art Journals that can be cross generational from thirteen to sixty years younger. My goal with these types of books is to reach people who need that extra feel good in their lives. 




Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me here and featuring my book on your blog!
    ~ Author Kristen Collins

    ReplyDelete

Land of the Free Trilogy by Mimi Barbour Genre: Romantic Suspense, Adventure

    To escape the dysfunction of city life, Demi Fedora leaves behind everything she knows to move to her deceased grandfather’s derelict ca...